Ouarzazate Dunes Tours – Dra’a Valley and Tinfou Dunes (1 day)
Experience an Unforgettable Desert Dunes Day Trip From Ouarzazate
This excursion from Ouarzazate will take you to the Tinfou Dunes outside Zagora, along the Dra’a Valley, its green oases and traditional housing, following the former caravan route up from the Sahara, overlooked by watch-towers.
Enjoy an hour camel ride in the Tinfou Dunes and sandboarding as much as you want. Have lunch in an authentic nomad tent, followed by a relaxing glass of tea and Moroccan biscuits.
Visit the Koranic Library and the local potteries co-operatives in Tamegroute, stop in Zagora, the largest oases in the south, as well as at panoramic view points along the way for pictures and to stretch your legs.
- Drive across the High Atlas Mountains and the Tizi-n-Tinfifite mountain pass
- Visit Kasbah Tamnougalte and the Berber village of Agdez
- Visit the Koranic Library and the local potteries co-operatives
- Drive along the Dra’a Valley with its villages, kasbahs and thousands of palm trees
- Enjoy a walk in the Dra’a Valley and interact with the locals
- Ride camels to the Tinfou Dunes and enjoy free sandboarding
- Have lunch in a nomad tent, mint tea and Moroccan biscuits
- Stop at panoramic viewpoints along the way
What is included:
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4×4 Toyota Prado Tx or Deluxe Van and fuel
- Pick up from and drop-off at your hotel in Ouarzazate
- English/ French/ Spanish/ Italian speaking driver/guide
- Lunch in a nomad tent or nice restaurant
- An hour’s camel ride and sandboarding
- Free time to explore sites such as Kasbahs, valleys, Berber villages, and for walks
- Entrance fees and local guide with an option to visit nomad or Berber families and meet local children
- The opportunity to ask the driver to stop for breaks or visits whenever you wish
Know before you go:
- You can ask us if others are interested in sharing the car
- There is a 25% reduction for children under 12 years old, whilst we do not charge children under 5
- These prices are liable to fluctuation according to the current exchange rate
- We require a 30% deposit of the total price to book the car, while the balance is payable to the driver or to us in the office in Ouarzazate
- This day trip from Ouarzazate can be customised to be more personal and special
Departure in the morning from Ouarzazate by 4×4 to Agdez passing over the Tizi-n-Tinfifite mountain pass (1660m). After a pause for a glass of tea or morning coffee in Agdez, we go off-road. This allows a better view of the valley, passing the gardens, oases, and kasbahs between the Dra’a River and the mountains.
Back on the paved road again, we continue to Zagora to have lunch. Zagora is the largest oasis in the Dra’a valley and especially famous for its dates.
In the afternoon, the Tinfou dunes offer an opportunity for a camel ride or a walk in the sand. The return to Ouarzazate is via Tamegroute with a visit to the Koranic library and the local potteries, which produce all the green pottery that you will see in the south.
On the way back to Ouarzazate we stop at Kasbah Tamnougalte for tea/coffee. This kasbah is the oldest in the Dra’a valley and still partly inhabited. You could wander around and explore the Kasbah with a guide if you wish. We reach Ouarzazate at the end of the afternoon.